I had such a fun and adventurous weekend and surprise, surprise, all of my tales revolve around alcohol.
- I went to Wisconsin to visit my family for Easter and while in town, I thought it would be fun to catch up with some friends I haven’t seen in a long time. Before I left for the night I called Tim just to check in on his pizza diet back home in Minnesota. He says to me, “Lin, please be careful tonight. Don’t drink too much we don’t need you to get a DUI in Wiscony, even if it is a piddley ticket”. THEN, when I tell my dad I’m going to leave for the night he says to me, “Please don’t drink and drive. If you’re going to get drunk, give me a call and I’ll come pick you up”. When did I become an alcoholic and everyone is so concerned about me being so damn reckless and drinking and driving???
- I stopped at the liquor store after meeting with my friends for a bottle of Bartenura to share with the fam. The lady behind the register rang me up and the register read, “Is this person under 40?” and I read it out loud. She looks at me and says, “We’ll just say no” meaning, obviously you’re over 40 but we’ll just make this go faster. Um, EXCUSE ME!?!? RUDE!
- While at home drinking said Bartenura, it made my chest and heart hurt. My dad thinks that maybe there is a slight carbonation and its affecting my tummy but I’ve had it in the past and been just fine so…I think I’m going to have to give it up.
- We went out to dinner last night with my husbands parents for Easter. The place we go to has the best chocolate martini’s. I had two. Now, these are just your standard martini glasses, nothing crazy and they always seem to fill them only half full. I had two over the course of 1 ½ hrs and I also ate part of my meal. I was BUZZED up! After dinner we went to leave and there was a blown over sign on top of my car. Because my husband is the police, he called his buddy and he flew over to take a report so I can get my car fixed. Anyway, he let me take the breathalyzer (I’ve always wanted to do that!!) and I blew a .112!!!! The legal limit is .08 and I was WELL beyond that after only 2 tiny drinks.
- The moral of my story? I swear I’m not an alcoholic and I don’t have a problem with drinking too much BUT my tiny tummy cant handle booze like the regular public. I was trashed and I clearly could not drive. I could barely stand up straight. I couldn’t even spell (see photo below)This can be scary and very different for someone who has had the gastric bypass. It would be real easy for me to drink too much and get sick or even get alcohol poisoning. I would have liked to see what my numbers were maybe 20 or 30 mins later. This tummy thing is hard to handle sometimes.